- lack of sparse/narrow/shallow checkout, this means initial checkout will be 200MB instead of 100MB
- no free hoster that allows >1GB repositories (havn't checked all, but those I did came out way short)
- some free hosters that might allow >1GB repositories don't allow having multiple repositories
- git submodule doesn't seem to be quite ready to replace our trunk/supertux, trunk/supertux-editor, trunk/media/, ... layout as it for example doesn't support automatic tracking of HEAD from the remote repositories, it also feels rather hacky and not properly integrated into git
- lack of metadata versioning, if you delete a branch in git that you haven't merged, then its gone after the next gc/repack (+ two weeks time limit it seems), in SVN on the other side you can checkout the way the tree was at a specific date, its impossible to lose history unless you hack the repository
- handling of subdirectories, in SVN its more comfy to just hack around in a subdirectory without bothing whats above it, in Git you always act against the whole repo instead of just the subdirectory, minor usability quirk, still a bit annoying
Friday, November 27, 2009
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="stylus">
<merge key="info.product" type="string">stylus</merge>
<match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="eraser">
<merge key="info.product" type="string">eraser</merge>
You have to reboot after this change or replug your Wacom. A proper fix for this issue seems to be in Qt 4.6, but Ubuntu Karmic is stuck with 4.5 at the moment.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/grumbel/gimp/ubuntu karmic mainEdit: Location of the packages has changed.
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/grumbel/gimp/ubuntu karmic main